This position will report to the IEDCDirector of Business Development.Consultant will dedicate 70% of their timeto direct client work including preparationtime and consulting. The remaining 30%will be instructing or assisting with trainingprograms and other special activities.
- Provide direct client consulting assistance.
- Preliminary screening and evaluation of new ventures and business expansion plans.
- Lead contact for Entrepreneur Initiatives.
- Maintain required client reporting indesignated database system.
- Help develop SBDC Training programs.
- Represent and promote the regionalSBDC regional office.
- Work with IEDC staff to develop business development strategies for Itasca County.
- Outreach into rural Itasca County, meeting with owners of local businesses.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business,economics, accounting, orrelated field.
- Excellent communication skills,strong analytical ability.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevantbusiness experience.
- Experience in business management, and or financial business analysis.
- Minimum of 1 year in entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire for ongoing education.
This position is responsible for overseeingthe successful completion of projects andcan work in a wide variety of fields, such asthe entrepreneur ecosystem of our area,business retention and expansion, andprogram development. They will generallybe responsible for the creation,organization, execution and completion ofspecific projects.
- Create long and short-term plans.
- Delegate tasks on projects to team-members.
- Identify and manage risks/liabilities.
- Assist in the definition of project scope.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options.
- Communicate with team or board to keepthe project aligned with goals.
- Perform quality control on the project.
- Adjust schedules and targets on projects.
- Motivate people to complete tasks ontime.
- Provide clear and concise reporting.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date reporting on grants and funding sources.
- Conduct informational meetings for communities and businesses.
- Work directly with IEDC president.
- Outreach into rurual Itasca County.
- Provide support to Blandin Footprint Communities.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Cost and risk management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure.
- High level of organization and problem-solving skills.
- B.A. or B.S. degree encouraged,but relevant experience accepted.
- Experience in leading project teams.
To apply for either of these positions, please send cover letter,resume, and reference to Office Administrator, TeriHeikkila at email@example.com by April 30th, 2021.
For questions, call our office at (218)-326-9411.
IEDC’s professional staff is well-connected and ready to help you every step of the way. Our five-member team has a wide range of skills and works with partners across the region to bring businesses the resources they need.
President & CEO
Tamara hails from rural Hill City, Minnesota. With a goal of gaining knowledge and experience, she spent the first 20 years of her career working throughout the US and internationally for ARAMARK. She led hospitality organizations in Alaska, Ohio and California, before hiring on t...
Teri began working at IEDC in January of 2000. Initially hired part-time to support the team, it quickly became full time as she took on more responsibilities. Over the past twenty years, Teri has remained an anchor and historian of the organization. She is responsibl...
Rob Sjostrand is a native to Itasca County, born and raised in Grand Rapids, MN. He graduated from Grand Rapids High School. He then graduated from Devry Institute of Technology in 1995 with his Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis on accounting. Rob ha...
Kayla accepted the position as the Marketing Specialist at IEDC in December of 2019. Kayla is an Itasca County native, growing up in Taconite, Minnesota and graduated from Greenway High School in 2013. She started her journey by pursuing her Associates of Arts degree fro...
Business & Community Broadband Consultant
Austin Miller is from Saint Paul, MN, and graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration with a focus in Project Management and Spanish from University of Wisconsin-Stout in the Spring of 2020. He initially came on as a temporary worker in June 2020, but soo...
Kirstie McPherson is a Behavioral Economist whose research has focused on economic development throughout her career. Working with dozens of communities across the US, Kirstie has identified key practices to enhance economic development and answer the most common problems our communities are faced with today...