Why Live Here?
In the Grand Rapids area, nature is everywhere, and that access is at the core of who we are. Lakes in Itasca County remain free to access, giving everyone the opportunity to have their own little slice of lake life.
Peerless Natural Amenities:
- Chippewa National Forest
- Lost Forty virgin pine forest
- Tioga Recreation Area – 450 acres for biking
- Mesabi Trail – 155 mi. paved bike trail
- Edge of the Wilderness Scenic Byway
Rich Artistic and Cultural History:
- Children’s Discovery Museum
- Judy Garland Museum
- Forest History Center
- Reif Performing Arts Center
- Macrostie Arts Center
Itasca County stands out as an area of growth in northern Minnesota. Diverse economy, strong education and abundant natural resources make this a phenomenal place to live and work. Why Itasca County is in Minnesota’s Nature.